How To Create an Online Course
5 Easy Steps That Make Building a Course With Get Clear a No-Brainer
Last Update vor 3 Monaten
Why Should You Build an Online Course?
If you are looking to improve your authority in your space, educate your customers on your product, or simply improve the quality of information on the internet, building an online course might be right for you.
Below, is a five step plan for building a course right on your Get Clear website.
Click here to learn how to login to your site.
2. Create a Collection
Click here to learn how to create a collection.
Make sure to name the collection the title of your course. The collection page will be the "homepage" where your course will live.
3. Build Out Each Lesson
Each lesson will be a page inside your course "collection". Refer to step two on how to create a collection on your website.
The key to a great lesson is to keep in mind three things:
- State the problem the lesson will solve
- Describe the solution to that problem in detail
- Add a button at the bottom of each lesson to navigate to the next lesson
Click here to learn about the different website sections or "blocks" you can use to build out your course pages.
4. Design a Landing Page
The landing page for your course will be the public page on your website that sells the course to your customers and highlights a contact form they can fill out to register.
Click here to learn how to create a new page on your website.
A cool trick you can do for this landing page is make all the buttons auto-scroll right to the contact form. Click here to learn how to do that.
5. Connect the Dots
Once all your course content is built out on your website, you need to ensure everything is connected and protected. Here's a few tips to keep in mind:
- Have a "Next Lesson" button on the bottom of each lesson to make navigation easy.
- Have a "Register" button on the collection page for your course that takes your customers to the first lesson.
- Password protect your course if you want to charge for your course (This is optional; if you want your course to be free, skip this step.)
To password protect your course, simply:
- Click the pencil icon in the top right of the website builder
- Click "Edit Collection"
- Scroll to "Password Protection", and set a password
- Click Save
Now, anyone who tries to access the course will need that password first in order to see the content.