Setting Up a G Suite Account
A step-by-step guide.
Last Update 8 months ago
While we don't do email services with your website, we would like to offer some help getting your email looking professional and working properly.
Having official email addresses for your staff (ie: [email protected]) can simplify email communication at your practice. Using your domain name with email addresses makes your contact details look much more professional than using a general address (ie: [email protected]).
You can sign up to use G Suite (ie: Gmail, Google Doc/Sheets/etc) with your domain name. After completing the steps below, your staff will have access to the features of Gmail with your custom domain name.
1. Sign up for Google
- Go to google.com.
- To begin, click the Get started button at the top-right of the page.
- Sign-in with your email address or Create a new Account (the account used to sign in with will be added as an administrator for your organization's Google account)
4. Click "Next"
5. Select your Country, then click 'Next
8. Provide your contact details: name, add job title, and phone number
9. Click 'I agree' box and submit
10. Click on the 'Enroll' button
11. Then click 'Sign up for G Suite'
2. Sign up for a G Suite trial
- Business Name (full legal name)
- Number of Employees
- First Name
- Last Name
- Current Email Address
Note: You will be able to add additional users/email accounts for your colleagues later in the process.
Watch this video to see step-by-step how to setup a G suite trial account.
3. Set up your G Suite account
- Next, you'll be presented with a variety of options to continue.
- Click Use Manual Setup at the bottom of the screen. This will open the Manual Setup dialog.
- Click Go to Admin Console to proceed.
- Once in the Admin Console, click 'Start Setup' at the top of the Admin Console.
- Add a meta tag to your homepage
- Add a domain host record (TXT or CNAME)
- Once your domain is verified, click 'Continue Setup' to proceed.
4. Add users (email accounts)
Once Google has informed you that your G Suite for Nonprofits enrollment has been approved, you will be able to log in to your admin console at admin.google.com with your Google administrator account and password to begin setting up email accounts for individual users! This Google article will tell you how to do that if you need guidance. Once the users are created, your team will be able to log in to their new Gmail accounts.
Once you're ready to switch, you'll just click the Set Up Gmail button at the top of your Admin Console and follow the steps they give you. This is what takes your new email LIVE and causes messages to start flowing into your new Gmail inboxes. If you need help with this step, be sure to refer to the Google Admin help center. It's a great resource if you need help making any changes to the new email going forward.
Here's A Video We Like That Helps You Get Set Up
Signing up for G-Suite is not easy but you'll find lots of help all over the internet.